The main function of this directorate is to promote economic development, tourism, sustainable job creation, poverty reduction and shared growth that integrates and connects the Municipality, its citizens and its natural resources.
Promote community-based economic initiatives, youth development and employment creation opportunities (EPWP).
Market the Cape Whale Coast as a tourism destination including its tourism products.
The Directorate seek to:
- Promote community-based economic initiatives, youth development, reduce poverty and promote sustainable employment creation opportunities;
- Co-ordinate and administer the (EPWP) Expanded Public Works Programme;
- Enhance human capital to maintain and uphold the future of the Overstrand for the benefit of the future generation;
- Promote social inclusion and inclusive growth towards empowering communities to have access to markets and share in the proceeds of economic growth;
- Promote social capital by making available resources through personal and business networks such as – information, ideas, leads, business opportunities, etc
I enhancing the tourism potential of the area, the directorate employ various tourism approaches to market the Overstrand as a destination generating interest to the area for longer stays. Furthermore, promote the area’s tourism products and attractions making the Overstrand a preferred destination
Director: Economic Development and Tourism
Promotion of economic development initiatives, tourism, ensure sustainable job creation and poverty reduction. Shared growth that integrates and connects the municipality, its people and its natural resources.
|Contact Number:||028 313 8066|
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2018/2019
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD