The Overstrand Municipality is going to implement Level 1 Water Restrictions in the Greater Hermanus Area, effective from 1 November 2017 until further notice.
Restrictions applicable to all consumers
- No watering of gardens, flower beds, sports fields, parks, lawns and other open spaces is allowed with municipal drinking water, except for:
- one hour per day, before 09:00 or after 17:00, two days per week.
- Even numbered street addresses ONLY on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Uneven numbered street addresses ONLY on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Washing of vehicles and watercraft with hosepipes is only allowed if fitted with automatic self-closing devices.
- No washing or hosing down of hard-surfaced or paved areas with municipal drinking water is allowed.
Watering of plants in nurseries, etc., for commercial purposes, is exempted from the water restrictions.
If alternative water sources are utilized, consumers must ensure that they display the appropriate signage to this effect, clearly visible from a public thoroughfare.
In accordance with the Overstrand Municipality’s Tariff Policy, water tariffs will only be increased to the 1st level of water restriction tariffs when the water level in the De Bos Dam drops below 40%.
Applications for Exemption
Deputy Director: Engineering Planning
PO Box 20