Mayor Dudley Coetzee and fellow councillors Charmaine Resandt, Fanie Krige and Grant Cohen greeted drivers and their passengers by shaking hands and exchanging smiles during a ‘Welcome Roadblock’ in Hangklip-Kleinmond earlier today.
He wished all the holidaymakers a safe and enjoyable holiday in our area.
Also there to welcome tourists visiting the Overstrand were Traffic and Law Enforcement officers, SAPS, Hangklip-Kleinmond tourism office and Cape Nature.
A special appeal is made to motorists to adhere to the following basics:
- Never drink and drive. If you intend to consume alcohol, make alternative arrangements so that you will not have to get behind the wheel.
- Always make sure you and your passengers are buckled up.
- Always adhere to the speed limit - driving too fast will result in a hefty fine, but driving too slow can be hazardous too.
- Maintain a safe following distance and check your blind spot before changing lanes.
- Don’t text and drive: #ItCanWait!
- Never leave items such as cell phones, wallets and other valuables in plain sight, unattended or on the seat next to you. Always stow your valuables in the boot of your car.