Mayor Dudley Coetzee and fellow councillors Charmaine Resandt, Fanie Krige and Grant Cohen greeted drivers and their passengers by shaking hands and exchanging smiles during a ‘Welcome Roadblock’ in Hangklip-Kleinmond earlier today.
He wished all the holidaymakers a safe and enjoyable holiday in our area.
Also there to welcome tourists visiting the Overstrand were Traffic and Law Enforcement officers, SAPS, Hangklip-Kleinmond tourism office and Cape Nature.
A special appeal is made to motorists to adhere to the following basics:
- Never drink and drive. If you intend to consume alcohol, make alternative arrangements so that you will not have to get behind the wheel.
- Always make sure you and your passengers are buckled up.
- Always adhere to the speed limit - driving too fast will result in a hefty fine, but driving too slow can be hazardous too.
- Maintain a safe following distance and check your blind spot before changing lanes.
- Don’t text and drive: #ItCanWait!