The main function of this directorate is to provide corporate support to the Council and Municipality and to ensure compliance with best practice municipal administration norms and standards. The directorate consists of a Director and incorporates the departments of Communication Services, Human Resources, ICT Services, Strategic Services, Legal Services, Council Support Services and TAKS (Tuned Assessment of Skills and Knowledge).
The following departments form part of this directorate:
- Strategic services, involved with the all-important task of co-ordinating the Integrated Development Plan (IDP); performance management, the Annual Report and the unfurling of social upliftment programmes.
- Communication, whose core functions are to uphold and improve the public image of the municipality and to ensure the successful management of the offices of the mayor and full-time councillors.
- Human resources, responsible for guiding, advising and assisting management to determine and acquire the right number of employees and to ensure their optimal utilisation.
- Legal services, whose main function is to render administrative and legal support to council as well as the corporate structure, as well as drafting by-laws. The establishment of a municipal court is far advanced.
- Other departments in this directorate include ICT (information and communication technology), council support services and the election unit which is a contractual arrangement with the IEC
(Electoral Commission of South Africa) in times of local, provincial or national elections.
Director: Management Services
|Contact Number:||+27 28 313 8001|
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2020/2021
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2019/2020
Revised Performance Plan 2019/2020
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2018/2019
Revised Performance Plan 2018/2019
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2017/2018
Revised Performance Plan 2017/2018
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2016/2017
Revised performance plan for 2015/16