This directorate’s focus is the planning of infrastructure, development planning and control, property management, environmental management, building control and the corporate GIS system. This directorate consists of a Director, Deputy-Director, Engineering Services, Environmental Services, Town Planning, Building Control, Solid Waste and Electricity Services.
This directorate consists of the following departments:
- Engineering, which is responsible for the master planning for water, sewerage, roads, stormwater and electricity; management of grant funding; compilation of service agreements for new developments and overviewing studies for desalination and groundwater extraction.
- Town planning and property administration, aimed at ensuring balanced and orderly development.
- Building control, responsible for approval of building plans and ensuring their correct execution; compiling building statistics and project management of municipal building projects.
- Electricity – supplying reliable, affordable and cost-effective electricity.
- Water and transportation services, mainly responsible for potable water treatment and distribution. Solid waste management planning which is involved with refuse removal, recycling and disposal to the Karwyderskraal and Gansbaai landfill sites.
- Environmental Section, responsible for the management of municipal nature conservation areas and environmental projects; liaison with the public, donors and conservation-related government departments and NGOs and advising council and officials on environmental matters.
- Geographic information system (GIS), which creates, analyses, manages and integrates computerised spatial information.
Director: Infrastructure & Planning
|Contact Number:||+27 28 313 8019|
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2019/2020
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2018/2019
Revised Performance Plan 2018/2019
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2017/2018
Revised Performance Plan 2017/2018
Performance Agreement for the financial year 2016/2017
Revised performance plan for 2015/16