This is a final reminder for residents who currently receive an indigent grant - please ensure renewal of your applications before 31 May 2023 to avoid your Indigent Subsidy being cancelled.
Your nearest Municipal office will assist on week days with your renewal application and the following venues will be open on scheduled Saturdays, as follows:
27 May 2023: Proteadorp Community Hall, Kleinmond
13 & 20 May 2023: Youth Centre, Kleinmond
13, 20 & 27 May 2023: Gansbaai Municipal Offices
GREATER HERMANUS ADMINISTRATION
13, 20 & 27 May 2023: Hawston Thusong
13, 20 & 27 May 2023: Moffat Hall, Mount Pleasant
13 & 20 May 2023: Zwelihle Community Hall
27 May 2023: Multi-Purpose Centre, New Harbour Hermanus
The following documentation must be submitted when applying for your indigent grant:
- the latest municipal account of the account holder;
- an identity document of all residents (18 years and older) of the property.
- A copy of the birth certificate of every resident child under 18 years of age.
- 3 months’ salary/wages of each working resident.
- In the case of no bank account, the client must confirm such with an affidavit.
- 3 months of bank statement from each working resident.
- An affidavit to declare income if you are self-employed
- Proof of disability pension or maintenance allowance
- Affidavit of unemployment and that there is no other source of income. Must confirm since which date unemployed.
- Divorce order in the event of a divorce
- an affidavit confirming responsibility for the account in the instance where the applicant is not the account holder, but reside on the property; and a letter from account holder and/or lease agreement
- In the instance of a deceased estate, indigent applications will be considered in accordance with requirements for Deceased Estates as stipulated in the Overstrand Customer Care, Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy, inclusive of submission of the executors letter, or letter of authority from the Master/Court.