All transfers stations and drop-off facilities are open. Operating hours of the waste facilities:
HERMANUS Transfer Station in Mbeki Street (garden and general waste) - open weekdays from 08:00 till 18:00, Saturdays from 09:00 to 16:00 and public holidays 09:00 to 14:00.
VOËLKLIP Weekend Drop-Off in 7th Street (household waste, black bags only) - open weekdays from 08:00 till 18:00, Saturdays from 09:00 to 16:00 and public holidays 09:00 to 14:00.
VOËLKLIP PRAWN FLAT Drop-Off (garden refuse only) - open weekdays from 08:00 till 18:00, Saturdays from 09:00 to 16:00 and public holidays 09:00 to 14:00.
HAWSTON Drop-Off in Church Street (garden and general waste) - open weekdays from 08:00 till 18:00, Saturdays 09:00 to 16:00 and public holidays 09:00 to 14:00.
KLEINMOND transfer station (builder’s rubble, garden waste and general household waste) is open weekdays from 08:00 till 18:00, Saturdays from 09:00 to 16:00 and public holidays 09:00 to 14:00.)
BETTY’S BAY garden waste drop-off (garden waste only) is open weekdays between 08:30 - 16:00 and Saturdays from 08:30 to 16:00 and public holidays 09:00 to 14:00.
STANFORD is open weekdays from 08:00 till 17:00 and Saturdays and public holidays from 09:00 to 14:00.
PEARLY BEACH is open weekdays from 08:00 till 17:00 and Saturdays and public holidays from 09:00 to 14:00
The GANSBAAI LANDFILL (builder’s rubble, garden waste and general household waste) - open weekdays from 08:00 till 18:00 and Saturdays and public holidays from 08:00 to 15:00.
Only Kleinmond Transfer station and the Hawston, Stanford and Pearly Beach drop-off facilities accept small builder’s rubble loads. Note that they will not accept loads of builders' rubble which are greater than 1 ton load capacity or greater than 250mm in size or not clean. (i.e. contaminated with general waste or planks etc that probably originated from a construction or demolition site). Large loads need to be disposed of at either the Gansbaai or Karwyderskraal landfill site.
The Karwyderskraal Landfill site
Overstrand residents who make use of the Overberg District Municipality's (ODM) landfill site at Karwyderskraal, are reminded that they only accept builder’s rubble, chipped garden waste and general household waste.
Residents, contractors or anyone who transports building rubble, chipped garden refuse or any domestic waste must first register with ODM as a site user. Unless your name appears on the database, you will not be allowed to dispose of any waste - even if you show up at the landfill site for the first time.
The Karwyderskraal regional landfill facility is open between 08:00 and 17:00 from Monday to Friday. It is closed on weekends, but will be accessible should a public holiday fall on a weekday.
Waste dumping at the landfill sites and drop-off facilities will be strictly controlled
• All occupants are required to wear their face mask at all times (no mask no entry)
• An access control register will be complete upon entry (the register will be completed by the access control person and the details of all vehicle occupants is required).
• Occupants are responsible for the offloading of their own waste and are requested to stop were shown, off load their waste and leave as quickly as possible after safely offloading their waste and refrain from touching any of the facility infrastructure.
• The 1.5 meter social distancing will be enforced by our on-site staff.
• Should you or any of your occupants refuse to obey a lawful instruction from the site staff, you will be requested to leave immediately and you will denied any further access to the site.
• The number of vehicles allowed access to site at any time may be restricted if required to comply with social distancing and site operational issues
Refuse removal will continue as per normal collection schedule for the Greater Hermanus and Greater Gansbaai administrations.
In the Hangklip-Kleinmond area, refuse will be collected as follows:
• Mondays: Rooi Els, Kleinmond Sea Avenues, Kleinmond Mountain Avenues, Klein Berlyn and Heuningkloof
• Tuesdays: Proteadorp, Overhills, Mountain View, Extension 6, Palmiet, Sunny Seas
• Wednesdays: Betty’s Bay and Mooiuitsig
• Thursdays: Pringle Bay
Please remember to place your bin on the pavement by 07:00.
Each household is allowed to place one wheelie bin or four black bags (with the proviso that only one bag may contain garden waste) with domestic refuse on the sidewalk for removal in areas which the Municipality has not identified as a problem animal area.
Containers must be secured with baboon proof locking devices in all areas that the Municipality has identified as problem animal areas. No refuse bags may be left on pavements in baboon problem areas.