With the rapid rise in COVID-19 infections and the announcement of the Third Wave, the Western Cape Department of Health needs to act responsibly by reducing the amount of patient contact in our facilities. Please take note of the changes below:
- Elective surgery has been postponed until further notice.
- Emergency surgery will continue.
- Hospital outpatients' services will be limited to urgent reviews.
- Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Dietitian services will be limited.
- Dental and Eye services will be limited
- Primary Healthcare Services will focus on Child Health, Preventative and Chronic Services.